GWAR's second album, and their first offering on Metal Blade. The album is often considered GWAR's opus.
Widely broadening GWAR's musical horizon, Scumdogs of the Universe presents a more musical offering, often dabbling into a more refined metal sound. The album is greatly tied with GWAR's history and legacy, and is a favorite of the band and fans alike.
The album simply details various perverse exploits by the group--such as in the song "Slaughterama," about a gameshow in which they're killing hippies and skinheads. The album also details how the band ended up on Earth (Death Pod).
- Dave Brockie (Oderus Urungus) - Vocals
- Dewey Rowell (Flattus Maximus) - Lead guitar, Rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Mike Derks (Balsac the Jaws of Death) -Lead guitar. Rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Michael Bishop (Beefcake the Mighty) - Bass, backing vocals; lead vocals on "Cool Place to Park"
- Brad Roberts (Jizmak Da Gusha) - Drums
- Danielle Stampe (Slymenstra Hymen) - Backing vocals
- Chuck Varga (Sexecutioner) - Vocals on "Sexecutioner"
- Don Drakulich (Sleazy P. Martini) - Vocals on "Slaughterama"
- The Salaminizer
- Sick of You
- The Years Without Light
- King Queen
- Horror of Yig
- Vlad the Impaler
- Black and Huge
- Love Surgery
- Death Pod
- Cool Place to Park